Saturday 21 December 2013

Veronica Roth : FREE FOUR

FREE FOUR is a short story written by Divergent's author Veronica Roth


After the success of the Divergent Trilogy, the writer decided to surprise us and release couple of mini stories written from Tobias's point of view. And you all know how much I love Tobias, so for me this was a welcome treat and distraction in reading a current novel. 

FREE FOUR was the first one to be released. It's a story from the Divergent book. It's actually the knife-throwing scene, where Four is forced to throw the knives at Tris after she volunteered to take Al's place. We knew how Tris fell, but now we get to see what was going on in Four's mind when he had to do it. 

I found it story easy to read. Entertaining. Fresh. Funny. As mentioned in the review of Divergent Series,  I have loved that the author decided to write the last book from Tobias's point of view as well, so this was a lovely present to be. 

It's a look into Tobias's mind and the way he looks at Tris before they were a couple. How she managed to get under his skin and made him see something beautiful in the world. 

Free Four is a wonderful companion to the Divergent Series and I cannot wait to read more from his life before Tris. 

The only down of these stories is that they are currently only available as E-books, but I how that this will be rectified once they are all published a s a collection of short stories. 

Otherwise, well done Ms Roth. What a brilliant idea. Keep the stories coming!

2 comments:

  1. I'm not finished reading this series yet but I like the Divergent. I have to read the first book again before I move to the second.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this series so much and Tobias is my favourite character! Actually for me he is the main protagonist!

    ReplyDelete