Friday 18 September 2015

Colleen Hoover : MAYBE SOMEDAY

Warning! I have been converted !! I am now a full pledged #CoHo fan !!!



MAYBE SOMEDAY is a new adult novel written by the queen of the NA genre - Colleen Hoover!

This is the second book I have read written by this author. UGLY LOVE was one amazing experience so I have been going into this with a little hesitation. What if #CoHo don't re-create the charm of the first book? What if I will be left disappointed? But I didn't have to worry... She made it impossible with her amazing story-telling skills.




*****

At twenty-two years old, Sydney is enjoying a great life : She's in college, working a steady job, in love with her wonderful boyfriend, Hunter, and rooming with her best friend, Tori. But everything changes when she discovers that Hunter is cheating on her - and she's forced to decide what her next move should be.

Soon, Sydney finds herself captivated by her mysterious and attractive neighbour, Ridge. She can't take her eyes off him or stop listening to the passionate way he plays his guitar every evening out on his balcony. And there's something about Sydney that Ridge can't ignore, either. They soon find themselves needing each other in more ways than one.

*****



First thing first... Let's talk about the edition. I purchased the paperback realised in USA in 2014 by ATRIA Paperback, part of Simon & Schuster Inc. The reason behind my purchase from across the pond is quite simple and vain. I prefer the US version and its edition. I like the image on the front - a couple composing music - i'd assume this is a portray of Sydney & Ridge. Big writing announcing the title - simple, modern, beautiful. And so much better than the UK edition.

Now the writing. I have to say #CoHo did not disappoint. Her writing & story telling is absolutely beautiful and mesmerising. She manages to write the most wonderful and always unique love stories you just cannot put down. Seriously, this is the second book I have read written by her and it's the second time the world ceases to exist for me whilst reading her book. Every single time, the story creates a bubble around me and I am cut off from the world until I finish reading it. It's magical. And the best thing about it? You won't ever regret reading it.



The story.. I cannot even begin to describe how much I loved this original love story. But it's not only the uniqueness I have enjoy.. It's the rawness... The true display of falling in love and not helping when or who you fall in love with.  It's the always present fight between right and wrong. Between loyalty and new adventure... Between two parts of your heart and which one to chose. It's an absolute pleasure to read this tale of love, betrayal, friendship....

The author has done it again. She took a story which initial plot line can be so simple and basic and put her own spin on. She turned it to one beautiful, unique tale of true love. It was absolutely mesmerising. Un-put-down-able. Spell-binding. Addictive. Adorable love affair.  An absolute perfection. Talk about sexual tension. You could cut it with a cake knife. It's incredible to read. 

I have a confession, I have been warned that I might cry. I did not. But I still enjoy being on this emotional roller-coaster. The way #Coho describes the love, attraction and feelings between Sydney & Ridge is magical. Every sentence is a piece of art. You just cannot help but feel a little jealous of the love between these two. And you want that for yourself. You want to find your other half who fits.


#CoHo makes me realise what true love supposed to feel like. And sometimes we to be brave to move forward and find our happiness. Thanks to her I will forever remain single. She has ruined any chance for a normal guy to ever impress me. I am looking for the right guy now, I am not settling. I want the beautiful love described in her stories. And I am thankful for it.



All the characters (well maybe apart from Hunter & Tori) are absolutely loveable and you cannot help but find bits of yourself in them. Starting with Sydney. The beautiful, smart girl who scarifies her happiness for others. So selfless that she even gives up the boy she is falling in love with. Ridge - a loyal guy, who is deaf but doesn't let that stop him. He is a great musician. Loving boyfriend. Caring friend. I just cannot help but admire the connection these two have. You feel so privilege to read it and witness their love story. I adore Maggie too. She is a wonderful person who is selfless and gorgeous and see the good in others. I admire her for taking the big step and life her shorten life to the fullest. I even like Warren. He is a great friend to both Sydney and Ridge. As I said I cannot help but like them all.


So all in all, there is nothing I don't like about this book. For me, this a pure perfection. One of the best love stories I have ever read. It just makes you want to fall in love. It makes you want to have what these two have. Charming, amazing story you just cannot have but love and adore. 


Plus, I cannot forget the mention the wonderful and very cute addition in this story - the song lyrics. This little touch made the story extra special and even more emotional. 



Thank you Ms Hoover. Thank you for bringing me Ridge and Sydney and their story to my lacking-romance life. I cannot wait to re-read this wonderful tale again. It's on the top of my to be re-read books in the future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment