Thursday 14 February 2013

A Walk To Remeber - NICHOLAS SPARKS

So I am writing this post as soon as I have finished this book and wonder to myself how come that I haven't read it sooner. How come that I have not discovered this heartbreaking love story earlier in my life? I have been missing out on something incredible!!

This book... this book touched my heart and soul. I have never read more beautiful love story. I don't think i will ever read something more beautiful. Nicholas Sparks wrote one amazing story. He is quickly becoming one of my favourite writers. I think he is actually number 1 at the moment. Every single book, which was written by him, I read within a space of  2 days. Every single book touched me deeply and I was taking by every one of them.. 

But this one ... This one is really special. It doesn't have a happy ending. You are warned from the beginning: "First you will smile, and then you will cry - don't say you haven't been warned."And that is so true. I have been looking forward to reading this book since I have came across by researching Nicholas Sparks on Amazon. I have just been in the middle of reading the 12th book of Southern Vampire Mysteries ( We all know how disappointing that was!) and I was lacking some romance and love in my life. You see I am a true believer in True Love and I absolutely adore every single love story - Romeo & Juliet, Sookie & Eric, Bella & Edward, Ronnie & Will, Elizabeth Bennett & Mr Darcy, Kelsey Langdon & Derek Malory... Every single one of them have a little special place in my heart. But this one left me speechless. And I want to share this story with all of you... 

Story of love between Jamie Sullivan and Landon Carter is breathtaking. The love between them is absolutely heart-breaking. It's kinda of love you want, you dream about, you wish far... As Landon says in the movie : "Our love is like the wind, you can't see it, but you can feel it!" All the way through the book you pray with Landon for a miracle, that Jamie will somehow survive the leukaemia.. that they will get their Happily Ever After.. And then you cry.. because they do not. 

Jamie Sullivan is such a wonderful character. She is kind, good - hearted, loving, smart, beautiful inside and out. She is a real role model. And Landon... well he is will grow to a man he supposed to be thanks to Jamie. "Jamie was more than just a woman I loved. In that year Jamie helped me to become the man I am today. With her steady hand she showed me how important is to help others, with her patience and kindness she showed me what life is really about. Her cheerfulness and optimism, even in the times of sickness, was the most amazing thing I have ever witnessed. Jamie also taught me value of forgiveness and the transforming power that it offers. Jamie held no grudges. Jamie led her life the way Bible taught. She was an angel who saved us all. "

I am sorry to be mentioning so many quotes from this book. Actually I am NOT!!! This book is wonderful. I smiled, laughed, had my fingers crossed that somehow the miracle will happen. I have been holding my breathe for Landon & Jamie. I have been crying. A lot. Especially through the last 2 chapters. Actually I knew that I will cry the moment I have read the Prologue to this book. This book is special. This love story is special and wish that every one of you picks up a copy of this and reads it. You will not regret it! I promise!

A walk to remember has not a permanent place on my book shelf and everywhere I will go, this novel goes with me. I will make my children read this book. And I will recommend it to every single friend. That's how strongly I love this book! Well done Nicholas Sparks!! You have touched my heart with this novel like nobody before and I will always remember this love story. I will finish with some of my favourite quotes from this book.



"Love is always patient and kind. It is never jealous. Love is never boastful or conceited. It is never rude or selfish. It does not take offence and is not resentful. Love takes no pleasure in other people's sins, but delights in the truth. It is always ready to excuse, to trust, to hope, and to endure whatever comes. "

"I held her close to me with my eyes closed, wondering if anything in my life had ever been this perfect and knowing at the same time that it hadn't. I was in love, and the feeling was even more wonderful than I ever imagined it could be."

"It wasn't that long, and it certainly wasn't the kind of kiss you see in movies these days, but it was wonderful in its own way, and all I can remember about the moment is that when our lips touched, I knew the memory would last forever."






Happy reading lovelies! This time you will not regret it! xXx



No comments:

Post a Comment