Monday 18 November 2013

#MusicMonday

Bonjour my lovelies!!

How was your weekend? I hope you all got to relax and enjoy your time off work with your family and friends. I have been lucky enough to indulge myself in the world of music. Stereophonics showed me why they have the LEGENDS status and Imagine Dragons proved that they are the best band live you have the privilege to see. 

Having said that, unfortunately, the weekend is over. And it is time to go back to work. So to overcome your and my Monday blues (yes, I am not a lover of Monday and especially Monday mornings either) I have decided to share with you some little music gems I found. 

Some are new not only to you, but to me as well. And then we have the old classics which never disappoints. 

So let's go and cure our Monday blues with #MusicMonday post!!!


Will & Jaden Smith feat. DJ Jazzy Jeff : FRESH PRINCE 




This is a guaranteed cure for your Monday Blues. Every single time I see this clip from Graham Norton show, I just cannot stop laughing out loud. It brings back the memories when as a kid I used to watch this show. And of course, Will Smith is the coolest dad on the planet!!! 



(I wanna) Channing all over your Tatum


Hilarious video from Jimmy Kimmel show featuring every girl's dream buy Channing Tatum, Jamie Fox, Olivia Munn, Miley Cyrus and plenty of other Hollywood stars. This was a special video made for the Kimmel's show and as soon as you see, you will be in stitches. 

I want to dedicate this tune to my lovely Claire who loves Channing so much (although currently his #1 spot has been overtaken by Chris Hemsworth) hehe. 



Now let's get to the more serious music business and actually tunes in the recent charts. Some of these songs have become my favourites. 

BASTILLE : Of The Night


I first heard this version of this old time classic when seeing Bastille live couple weeks ago and I have instantly branded as the best version of this dance tune. I think Bastille did an amazing job when re-doing this song. 



GRANDMASTER FLASH & THE FURIOUS FIVE : The Message


Oh have I ever told you that I have a soft spot for old school hip hop? No, well you have just learnt a new info about me. I love SugarHill Gang and GrandMaster Flash, Fugees, Tupac… And thanks to Smokestack I have been reminded how much I actually love this tune.


ATLAS GENIUS : Back Seat


Well this band was a surprise of the night on Saturday. They have been supporting Imagine Dragons on their "Night Vision" tour and lucky for us, they arrived in Leeds too. All three of us were pleasantly surprise when we were listening to these guys and instantly like them. We will make sure to keep an eye on them in the future. 




So these are my 5 songs for this week's #MusicMonday. I hope your mood has been lighten up and bad thought are gone. My disappeared at Fresh Prince of Bel Air remix :) What songs work for your bad mood?

Have a great lovelies and don't forget to read out blog :)



No comments:

Post a Comment