Wednesday 3 December 2014

THE DECEMBER READING CHALLENGE

The last month of the year just crossed our doors. HELLO DECEMBER! The weather outside is a little bit more frightful and we are taking refugee in our warm homes sitting my the fire with hot chocolate (or other suitable hot drink) in one hand and a book in the other. 

Why not? I know, we are all stressing out about Christmas. Probably most of us are arranging all the presents, visits and shopping trips. Our homes are starting to look like an advert for the Christmas decorations, but we have smile on our faces. Everyone loves Christmas. Although I am not a child anymore, I still do love getting presents. Even more though, I enjoy giving out presents to my friends. Just ask the lovely Sara from Carpe Librum Girl who has recently received a package from me. You can check out the contest of it on her blog post : http://carpelibrumgirl.blogspot.co.uk/2014/12/my-uk-package.html . 

But the reason why I love December is the amount of time spent indoors with book in my hands. December is the perfect month to get lost in various stories. So, as we are slowly wrapping up the year 2014, I have decided to post the last 2014's Reading Challenge - THE DECEMBER READING CHALLENGE. As I have only 4 weeks to complete my reading, and I still have to read WOOL from my Autumn Reading Challenge, I only pick 4 books. They are all Winter / Christmassy themed and I am really looking forward to get lost within their pages. 




THE DECEMBER READING CHALLENGE



THE SELECTION by Kiera Cass




In a world of glittering gowns and priceless jewels THE SELECTION is the chance of a lifetime: to compete for gorgeous Prince Maxon's heart. But for America Singer it means turning her back on her secret love, and leaving home for a prize she doesn't want. 
Then America meets Maxon and all her plans start to crumble. Can the life she's always dreamed of compare to a future she never imagined?


LET IT SNOW by John Green, Maureen Johnson & Lauren Myracle




The worst blizzard for fifty years.
Three wintry love stories. 
One magical night.

It's Christmas Eve and Gracetown has been buried by snow. But the weather is more than just an inconvenience. When one girl unexpectedly steps off a stranded train, she sets off a series of life-changing events. 
Soon fourteen pumped-up cheerleaders will descend on the local Waffle House, the Duke's DVD night will be rudely interrupted for a Twister mission, and a lovesick barista will determine the fate of a single teacup pig...
All the three stories collide, strangers cross paths and romance blossoms with heart-warming consequences. 



MY TRUE LOVE GAVE TO ME edited by Stephanie Perkins




Twelve Writers. 
Twelve Winter Romances. 
Long, cold nights are for falling in love...



THE HOBBIT by J. R. R. Tolkien (Illustrated by Jemina Catlin)




Bilbo Baggins enjoys a comfortable, unambitious life, rarely travelling further than the pantry of his hobbit-hole in Bag End. But his contentment is disturbed when the wizard, Gandalf, and a company of thirteen dwarves arrive on his doorstep to whisk him away on a journey to raid the treasure hoard of Smaug the Magnificent, a large and very dangerous dragon...






Check out my list and please let me know what books are on your December Reading list. Also, throughout December I have decided to take part in #decbookchallenge14 on Instagram which was created by @youngadultbookaddict ; @_halfbl00dprincess & @ursula_uriarte. So keep checking my Instagram account for all the pics! I might even post the conclusion post on here. So keep your eyes on it. 




In the meantime, keep on reading my blog please. There is a lot of posts coming your way and they aren't all book reviews! 2015 is nearly knocking on our doors and with its arrival come couple of changes to the posts. I have decided to branch out and share even more of my life with you. But that all will come in post in early January'15. 

Have a wonderful December guys!


xoxo

2 comments:

  1. This is awesome !! I envy your ability to read this much, I love reading but just haven't found the time lactley, maybe I'll have to take the challenge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Bless!! Thank you so much Elizabeth.. I love reading and getting lost within book's pages.. I have quite some time off throughout December and my work allows me enough time to read, so I am a very lucky lady in that respect :)

      Delete