Saturday 3 January 2015

JANUARY READING CHALLENGE

2015 is here. It's a brand new book with 12 chapters and 365 pages !! And January is the first chapter in this book. So let's make it awesome! 

Every month I will choose up to 6 books I want to read that month. Plus some other goals too. This months is a month of cleansing and fresh starts. 

Here are my 2 main goals for this month:

Health wise, I am going VEGAN for 30 days. It's a big challenge for me as I love cheese and eggs but this year I have decided to get the body of my dreams so going vegan is one of my new things. Also Yoga classes and running are a massive plus. At least 5 times a week :)

Now blog wise, I am going to read, read, read and read. 6 beautiful stories ahead. I am also theming up for read along challenge with Sara from http://carpelibrumgirl.blogspot.co.uk !! Announcement is coming soon,  so keep an eye on both of our  Instagram accounts for details ( @zuzvystrcilova & @carpelibrumgirl ). 

So let me share with you my TBR list for the cold month of January 2015: 




JANUARY READING CHALLENGE



THE KISS OF DECEPTION by Mary E. Pearson



A princess must find her place in a reborn world. 

She flees on her wedding day. She steals ancient documents from the Chancellor's secret collection. She is pursued by bounty hunters sent by her own father. She is Princess Lia, seventeen. First Daughter of the House of Morringham. The Kingdom of Morringham is steeped in tradition and the stories of a bygone world, but some traditions Lia can't abide. Like having to marry someone she's never met to secure a political alliance. Fed up and ready for a new life, Lia flees to a distant village on the morning of her wedding. She settles in among the common folk, intrigued when two mysterious and handsome strangers arrive - and unaware that one is the jilted prince and the other an assassin sent to kill her. Deceptions swirl and Lia finds herself on the brink of unlocking perilous secrets - secrets that may unravel her world - even as she feels herself falling in love. 




THE REASON I JUMP by Naoki Higashida ( Introduced by David Mitchell)



One boy's voice from the silence of autism. 




THE STATISTICAL PROBABILITY OF LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT by Jennifer E. Smith



Who would have guessed that four minutes could change everything?
Today should be one of the worst days of Hadley's life...
Her father is getting married in London to a woman she's never even met, and she's just missed her flight. 
Hadley has never believed in destiny or fate before...
But, stuck at the airport in New York, today is also the day she meets Oliver. He's British. He's cute. And he's on her new flight. 
Set over twenty-four hours, Hadley and Oliver's story will make you believe that true love finds you when you're least expecting it. 



ISLA AND THE HAPPILY EVER AFTER by Stephanie Perkins



Hopeless romantic Isla has had a crush on brooding artist Josh since their first year at the School of America in Paris. And, after a chance encounter in Manhattan over the summer break, romance might be closer that Isla imagined. But as they begin their senior year back in France, Isla and Josh are forced to face uncertainty about their futures, and the very real possibility of being apart. 
Set against the stunning backdrops of New York, Paris and Barcelona, this is a gorgeous, heart-wrenching and irresistible story of true love, and the perfect conclusion to Stephanie Perkins's beloved series. 




SINCE YOU'VE BEEN GONE  by Morgan Matson



Emily's best friend Sloane disappears, almost without a trace - the only thing left behind is a to-do list. On it, thirteen Sloane-inspired tasks that wallflower Emily wouldn't normally do, and definitely not without her best friend. But what if completing the list could bring Sloane back?
Dance until dawn? Sure. Why not?
Kiss a stranger? Um...
Go skinny dipping? Wait...What?
Emily only has the summer to check everything off Sloane's list. The question is, what will she find at the end of it?



WHERE SHE WENT by Gayle Forman



It's been three years since Mia walked out of Adam's life. 
And three years he's spent wondering why. When their paths cross again in New York City, Adam and Mia are brought back together for one life-changing night. 
Adam finally has the opportunity to ask Mia the questions that have been hating him. But will a few hours in this magical city be enough to lay their past to rest, for good - or can you really have a second chance at first love? 



What is on your TBR list this month? Do you have any recommendations for me? I'd love to her your thoughts...

4 comments:

  1. The Reason I Jump is a great title. I'll look forward to your review of that one especially.

    I'm getting into a TBR tangle - it seems that every book I read leads me to others that I want to read and there just aren't enough hours in the day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I know.. My downfall is Instagram. Every time I see a picture, I wanna have the book and read it.. And of course then it turns out to be a series and on we go.. hahah

      Delete
  2. Oh, Where She Went is one of all-time favourite New Adult books! It's heartbreaking, I cried the whole time I was reading it but still, I loved it! Hope you will enjoy it a lot too.
    I just started this super long m/m romantic suspense series, In the Company of Shadows by Santino Hassell and Ais (it's available for free) and it will keep me occupied thoughtout the whole month. I'll try to squeeze some other books as well :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amazing!! Actually me and my friend Sara are organising a read-along for Where She went, so I am quite excited about it!! uugh, I haven't heard about the series yet, might check it out, although I do have 154 at home I haven't read yet haha

      Delete