Friday 16 January 2015

Stephanie Perkins : ISLA AND THE HAPPILY EVER AFTER

Warning! If you aren't a fan of romance and YA genre, just put the book back on the shelf. It's not for you. On the other hand, if you read YA and romance.. step closer, pick up the book, take it to the cashier, pay for and bring it home. Make yourself a cup of tea and get reading!!




ISLA AND THE HAPPILY EVER AFTER is a third book in the Anna and the French Kiss series written by the wonderful author of YA and romantic genre - Stephanie Perkins.


I know, I know.. Before you all start shouting at me. I know I have skipped one book, but I will get to it..Promise! It's just this book is green and my TBR list for January is themed with green books so I kinda decided to read it. And I will be honest, I didn't regret it it.




Meet Isla. The beautiful and very smart girl who is a bit of an introvert. She only has one friend - Kurt - who she's known since they both been in diapers. Isla is a student at the prestigious School of America in Paris and she has a major crush on Josh. Josh has been untouchable for past 3 years, but the senior year of high school is here. Josh is single and one summer afternoon Isla and Josh bump into each other. I can smell the romance from miles. 




Ok, let's have a quick look at the edition first. Green paperback with the skyline of New York. Bold lettering. 375 pages divided into 34 chapters. I love how all the books in the series have been themed to the same style. They compliment each other. I am always grateful when the publisher decides to stick with the theme.



The writing. Well it's what we can expect from Stephanie Perkins. Modern. Easy to read and relate to. It's funny, exciting, thrilling and very addictive. As usual, the writing captures my attention straight from the start. Stephanie knows how to write love-stories. Her story-telling just sings a wonderful melody to my heart.



The story is oh so romantic. If you liked Anna & The French Kiss, you will love Isla's story. If you loved Anna's story, you will absolutely adore Isla & Josh's love story. Everything about this book has a sign of a good romance. A nerdy girl who crushes on a boy but never think that she could catch his eye. A boy who rebels against rules and parents. By faith, they meet and fall in love in the City of Love and Light - Paris. You cannot go wrong. Of course, don't expect a smooth journey. These two have a long road to happiness ahead of them. Separation. Not enough trust. Past relationships all come to play and make sure that these two have to fight for their love story to reach a happily ever after.



Dear Stephanie! Thank you, Thank you, THANK YOU for writing this wonderful and beautiful love story. I have fallen in love. I wasn't able to put the book down and it had me reading until the early hours of the morning.


All the characters in the book are so relate able to us. We all could find a piece of us in either of them.  Isla, the smart and beautiful girl, who lacks the confidence. Josh, the rebel who is extremely talented artist. Kurt, the best friend with little faults, but you love him even more for it. And of course, the sister who is out there to cause trouble.


And the best part was the ending... just wow!! Not only Stephanie brought together the characters from the other two books in the series, but she managed to write the most romantic ending I've ever read. It got me crying with happiness and joy.




What an amazing ending story to leave this book series with. Stephanie Perkins went out with a bang. I, now, cannot wait to read the only book I missed out in this series LOLA AND THE BOY NEXT DOOR. Sooner or later I will get you!!



All in all, I have fallen under the spell of Ms Perkins story-telling and I cannot wait to read other stories which will be produced from her pen.






4 comments:

  1. Great Review! I really want to read this series!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh thanks lovely, This book is my favourite in the series ... at least so far! I still need to read LOLA & The BOY NEXT DOOR.. but i would recommend to read them in order as it all concludes in ISLA!!

      Delete
  2. Your photos are so amazing (I keep saying). I really want to start this series, but I'm afraid I won't like it. I'm into fast-paced fantasy and science fiction books, so I'm not sure whether this series will keep me on my feet as much as those other genres do. Lovely review, anyways :D

    Alex @ The Book's Buzz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you darling, it's always nice to hear that someone likes your post and photos. Just give it a go. I promise you won't regret it. What are you favourite books? x

      Delete