Tuesday 17 September 2013

J.A. Redmerski: THE EDGE OF NEVER

THE EDGE OF NEVER is one of the most romantic, heart-breaking, wonderful stories I have ever read. J. A. Redmerski wrote one in a billion novel, which I have fallen in love with from the first page.

The book was self-published by the author and became an instant best-seller last year. Over 250 000 copies sold as an E-book before it even went to the print. I can completely understand why.

Let's start from the dedication:


"To lovers and dreamers and anyone who hasn't truly experienced either."

I am hooked and very interested. And I even haven't started to read this book yet!! But I have a good feeling about this one. You know me, always the romantic soul, looking for new stories to fill my lonely heart. And this story certainly did just that.

Redmerski took us on a extra-ordinary journey of self-discovery. I can relate to Camryn in so many aspects of her life and the way she has been living it. She lost the love of her life, hasn't had a luck with guys since. This caused her to loose the faith in love itself. I have to say I feel the same. Not that I am not trying but I start to think there isn't anyone out there for me. And so the story of Camryn captured me from the start. I actually haven't been able to put it down. I had to read on and in record time (2 days) I swallowed this story.

It was incredible. Clever modern writing. Entertaining. Funny. Smart. Wonderful. Sexy. And emotional. Very emotional. This book takes you on a journey of all the emotions possible. You will laugh. You will cry. You will curse. And you will make the noise : "OOohh tha't so sweet." . I promise you that. This story has everything you need for your romantic melancholic soul. This novel will have you under a spell. The story is so charmingly written, but in the same time is kept with firm feet on the ground. There is no bullshit. No over-the-top written dialogues. Everything is simple but enchanting. Captivating. A real story with real down-to-earth characters who are going through real emotions and feelings. You can relate to them in so many ways.

A girl meets a boy on a bus journey. The boy becomes protective of her. They become friends. They decide to go on a road trip to figure out life. They become partners in crime. They fall in love even when it's the last thing they wish for. And they live the life to the fullest.


I have nothing bad to say about this story. Everything. Every page. Every piece of the puzzle is just perfectly written. I have truly enjoyed this book. The pace of the book was smooth. Fast paced. Easy to follow. I love the fact that some chapters were written from Camryn's point of view and the others from Andrew's. I love writing style like this one. I has become very popular in recent years. It makes the book just that little bit more special and enjoyable.

Not to mention the fantastic soundtrack to this book. That's my kind of music. The music, artists, bands mentioned in this novel are the proper musicians. They know what music truly is.

Redmerski showed me with her writing how much I am missing from life. She helped me to realise that there is more to life that the boring mundane things. That there is such a wonderful world out there which is full of surprises and gives you everything you dream of and wished for, if you just have the courage to take it. If you dare to take the risks. And there is love. L-O-V-E. THE TRUE LOVE. The author helped me to restore the faith in love. She helped me to re-discovered the lost hopes of finding the one true love. My soulmate. My partner in crime. And it also pointed out to me that it comes to me when I least expect it.

So THANK YOU J.A. REDMERSKI for writing this incredible charming story. It's been a life-changing adventure for me and I cannot wait to find " MY ANDREW".

Since reading and finishing this book (yes, I might have read certain parts more than once) I have learnt that J.A. Redmerski has written a sequel to Andrew's and Camryn's story. It's not over just yet! THE EDGE OF ALWAYS is coming out as a E-book in November and as a paperback in January, and I cannot wait to put my hands on my own copy and get lost in this story once more.



Here are some quotes from the book which left a firm impression on me:

“It’s not only about sadness. In truth, sadness really has little to do with it. Depression is pain in its purest form and I would do anything to be able to feel an emotion again. Any emotion at all. Pain hurts, but pain that’s so powerful that you can’t feel anything anymore, that’s when you start to feel like you’re going crazy.” 


“I’m starting to get used to this feeling of not caring about anything.” 



“I don’t know what I’m doing, or where I’m going, but I do know that I want to do whatever it is and get there soon.”



“There was no logic or any sense of purpose except that I knew I had to do something other than what I was doing, or I might not make it through this.” 



“I’m not a follower. I never have been. But I’ll definitely become someone I’m not for a few hours if it’ll make me blend in rather than make me a blatant eye sore and draw attention.”



“It’s like irresistible poison: I’m mesmerized by the way it’s making me feel though it has the potential to crush my soul and I drink it down anyway.”



“It’s like irresistible poison: I’m mesmerized by the way it’s making me feel though it has the potential to crush my soul and I drink it down anyway.”



“I say that I'm not into you like that, Camryn, because..," he pauses, searching my face, looking at my lips for a moment as if deciding whether or not he should kiss them again, "...because you're not the girl I could only sleep with once.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment