Wednesday 18 September 2013

Savanna Fox: THE DIRTY GIRLS BOOK CLUB (New members wanted...)

THE DIRTY GIRLS BOOK CLUB is fictional novel written by Canadian author Savanna Fox (more known as Susan Fox or Susan Lyons ). 



I will be honest. I have never heard of the author, neither of the book. I only picked it up as a part of the 3 for £10 offer in Asda. The description on the back caught enough interest in me to buy this novel. Shelved for couple months, while I was indulging in different stories, I have finally picked it up as a part of the romantic / melancholic reading for the month of September. 

And within 2 days I completely finished it. The story was different than I expected. I would never in my mind thought this book to be a little bit of erotic novel. I should have. As my friends pointed out to me - it is written in the title of the book. The DIRTY GIRLS book club. ( a bulb just switched on above my head ). 

But I must say that this was the first erotic novel, I have truly enjoyed. (And I read a lot of them: Fifty Shades, Bared to you, couple of Harlequins.) It wasn't all SEX, SEX, SEX.. no emotions, no dirty laundry in the basket. It was actually very tasteful and romantic. 


The Dirty Girls Book Club is a story about finding a courage to explore your sexual and emotional intelligence. It's a story which takes you on a journey to become more confident woman who deserves it all. True love. Great lover. Soul mate. Everything. NOTHING LESS. 



I really appreciated that it wasn't packed with sex scenes like most of the books on the market. We actually get to know the characters, their state of minds, their emotions. This book is down-to-earth story of Georgia and Woody, who without wanting to, fell in love at the end. 


Ms Fox written the book from Georgia's and Woody's point of view, which is a style of writing I really enjoy as it keeps the book more interesting. You get to know the protagonists more. You find out their thinking process. And this time the author added a little bit extra. She added extracts (snippets) of the book Georgia was reading as her assignment for book club. This made it even more interesting. It helped you to find your bits and pieces in the story. Wonderful. 

Of course, there were some cheesy moments. Some of them made me cringe, but even then I have truly enjoy the book. We all need a little bit of cheese in our lives. 

As I have said at the beginning. This is one of the erotic novels, which is tastefully written. It keeps you interested in the story and it helps you to find bits of yourself you weren't aware of. I will definitely read this book again. 

WELL DONE SAVANNA FOX. You wrote an entertaining erotic love story. 



No comments:

Post a Comment