Sunday 23 February 2014

#SongOfTheDay 21st, 22nd and 23rd February

Hello everybody. Sorry I missed the last couple of days I've been a little busy and it slipped my mind. So here's three songs for you all to make up for my faux pas. I'd like to start with Fridays offering on the 21st I was planning on posting Nirvana's Smells Like Teen Spirit witch is one of the quintessential songs of my youth. I'm of a generation where pretty much everybody owned a copy of Nirvana's album Nevermind some people even owned two. I actually have a theory that a black CD left alone in my room too long will inevitability turn into a copy of Nevermind.


For Saturday I was planning to embrace my 90's Brit Pop heritage with my favorite example of this which is Pulp's Common People. This song is not only one of my favorite songs of all time it was actually how I lived my life for several years with the line "Rent a flat above a shop, Cut your hair and get a job, Smoke some fags and play some pool, Pretend you've never been to school" so it will always hold a special place in my heart.


And finally today's humble offering is something I heard a few weeks back on a TV bite advertising the return of the Walking Dead but this song stood out to me. It is a cover of Creedence Clearwater Revivals classic rock hit Bad Moon Rising by a relatively unheard of band called Mourning Ritual but this version is a very haunting but amazing version of this song.




No comments:

Post a Comment