Friday 29 March 2013

Album Of The Week: BASTILLE "BAD BLOOD"

I found this album while browsing through iTunes one boring evening. I was on a hunt after new additions for my music library. It was purely the fact there is just so many times I can listen to The Smith, Stereophonics, Snow Patrol ... until I get tired of them and will never want to hear them again. So in the hope of finding new bands who would catch my fancy and hopefully prevent me from disliking the bands I already love, I found myself browsing through iTunes and the Staff recommends section. If I am being honest, I have only heard Bastille's single Pompeii recently. It was on Spotify's Top 40 tracks in UK and it caught my interest.



So when the opportunity to buy and listen to the whole album presented itself, I took it without any hesitation. I downloaded the album to my iTunes library, transferred it onto my iPod and was ready to lose myself in the music. 

And they have done so well! Very well! So much that everywhere I go and to every one I know, I recommend to buy this album and listen to it. I fell in love with this masterpiece. I know it off by heart already due to the fact that I have listened to it so many times. There wasn't a day this week when I wouldn't press play button on my iPod and the beautiful music created by Dan Smith and his bandmates  - Chris "Woody" Wood, Kyle Simmons and Will Farquarson (not sure how to pronounce his surname) - wasn't coming out of the headphones and touched my heart and soul.

The whole album is very melancholic but romantic in the same time. The tracks blend into each other perfectly. It is a symphony for my heart and soul. I absolutely adore these english boys who are based in London.

Bad Blood was released on August 20th 2012. - I know I am well behind with my music education!!


The track list :



  1. Pompeii
  2. Things We Lost In The Fire
  3. Bad Blood
  4. Overjoyed
  5. These Streets
  6. Weight Of Living, Part II
  7. Icarus
  8. Oblivion
  9. Flaws
  10. Daniel In The Den
  11. Laura Palmer
  12. Get Home
  13. Weight Of Living, Part I


I enjoy every single track on this album but my fave top three tracks are : Weight Of Living, Part II, Oblivion and Flaws. There is something about the first one especially that in the morning it is on the repeat. 

I also know that Oblivion was featured on one of my favourite TV shows - The Vampire Diaries. Seems that even the Hollywood is impressed by these four lads from UK. 

So far there was 5 singles released from Bad Blood. The most successful is Pompeii which ranked the number two single the UK charts and it was a  number one single in the Scottish Chart. Bad Blood also topped UK album chart and the boys shot the fame and a spot as a supporting band for UK tour of Two Door Cinema Club

Just couple days ago the Bastille performed their single "Pompeii" at The British Museum. You can watch the clip on our lovely YouTube. 



I will certainly follow Bastille as they are increasingly becoming one of my favourite bands and I am sure that they have a great future ahead of them. I will keep a close eye on their live performances as well as they earned their place on my Bucket List Of The Bands I Want To See Live. I will let you know if there are any tour dates announced. 

If you wanna keep up-to-date or are nosey just like me follow them on twitter @BASTILLEdan  or visit their official site : bastillebastille.com

No comments:

Post a Comment