Monday 18 March 2013

Trailer Of The Week: THE EAST

Ok, so I have decided to share with you some of the movies I am really looking forward to see this year. So every week there will be a trailer for upcoming movie, which is on my list MUST SEE MOVIES FOR 2013. 

Let's start with the one for this week : THE EAST.


The East premiered on Sundance festival earlier this year and caught my attention for 2 reasons:

  •  First, as you probably guessed is Alexander Skarsgard.  Yes, I love him very much and I personally think that he is my soulmate (Jokes - I am crazy, but not that much). He is an amazing actor who is very picky about the roles he plays ( we will all forgive him for the little stiff in the most boring movie of last year - Battleship. It's a one off - hopefully). So if Alex picked this movie, there must be something about it. 
  • Secondly, the first time I saw the trailer it took my breath away. The trailer for this movie is fascinating and it makes you to go and watch it in the cinema. Well, at least it made me to want it. Ellen Page's voice over montage of scenes from the movie is kinda haunting but captivating. The issues she is talking about in it are so real and are actually happening in the real life at the moment. 


Terorists. A word which brings goose bumps on everyone's skin. Zal Batmanglij who directed The East has decided to make a movie about very touchy subject we are all interested in. To be honest, I was very skeptical the first I read the synopsis for the film, but the trailer made me want to think this through again. I think this movie will a big controversy and I cannot wait to see it in the cinema.



The film star big names like Brit Marling, Alexander Skarsgard and Ellen Page. You know it will be good.

The East opens in theatres on May 31st 2013 and I am really excited to see it. I bet it will leave us with lots of question which will be playing on our minds.

No comments:

Post a Comment