Friday 29 March 2013

Fashion Icon Of The Month: DIANE KRUGER

Diane Kruger (36)  is an actress, model and one of my style icons. I have been following Diane for quite some times and love how her style developed over the years. She isn't afraid to take risks and on many occasions she surprised with unexpected choices.



She transitioned from world of modelling to acting with grace. We all fell in love with her as Helen Of Troy in famous epic movie Troy where she starred alongside three gorgeous men - Brad Pitt, Orlando Bloom and Eric Bana. Couple of years later she played a role of German actress and spy in Quentin Tarantino's Inglorious Basterds. And we all loved her 40's style.

Now she is coming to our screens once again as stylish as ever in one of the most anticipated movies of the year (personally the one I am most looking forward to) The Host where she plays the role of The Seeker.

Saoirse, who played Wanda/Melanie, said that Diane wore amazing outfits on the set everyday. The girl has it all. This beautiful woman found her man of the dreams in no other than Joshua Jackson ( they have been going out together over 7 years now and still look they are in the honeymoon period). She regularly travels between Paris and Vancouver. She speaks fluently German, French and English (not such a pretty face). She has been the face of Calvin Klein and L'Oreal.

Diane Kruger has her own amazing style. She is known for beautiful unique evening gowns, gorgeous ladylike outfits for press conferences, quirky style on other occasions and laid back easy but fashionable style when of duty. I always look forward to when her name is mentioned in a fashion magazine. Most recently I have enjoyed her interview for UK Glamour magazine's Style Issue where she posed for the front cover as well.


Another reason why I admire Diane is for her quote in one of her interviews in 2006. They asked her about marriage and this was her answer:

"Without sounding pessimistic, I learned that I don't believe in marriage. I believe in a commitment that you make in your heart. There is no paper that will make you stay. A guy friend of mine said, and it made a lot of sense, that people should get married at the end of the road, not the beginning. "



I couldn't agree more. So all in all I adore her fashion style and sense to throw piece together and it looks amazing, but I love her as a great actress and I personally think that she is a great role model. Rihanna could learn from her in more that one way.


I will continue to spy on her style and will make sure to take lots of notes and plenty of inspiration as I think Diane has one of the most amazing wardrobes in the industry. I cannot wait for more of fashion creations.

What do you think of the This Month's Fashion Icon? Is Diane Kruger your cup of tea?

No comments:

Post a Comment