Thursday 2 January 2014

J. K. Rowling : THE TALES OF BEEDLE THE BARD




THE TALES OF BEEDLE THE BARD is a collection of five stories written by the queen of all magical  - J. K. Rowling. This book has been firstly mentioned in the last book of Harry Potter Series - Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows










I must say, I have been wanting to read this book for quite some time, but been embarrassed to buy it for myself. Never the less, I have over-come my silly embarrassment and bought it as a part of January Book Bonanza. I thought that Christmas is the perfect time to indulge myself in tales and fairytales. And my longing was even more increased after ITV decided to treat as all to the Harry Potter re-runs. Oh, how much I love these books and films!!

The Tales Of Beedle The Bard are stories which are similar to our fairytales, but their protagonists are mostly witches and wizards. Any Harry Potter fan should have their copy. 


The five stories in this collection are:

The Wizard And The Hopping Pot
The Fountain Of Fair Fortune
The Warlock's Hairy Heart
Babbitty Rabbitty And Her Cackling Stump
The Tale Of Three Brothers


I think the most famous of them all is The Tale Of Three Brothers as it has been such a big part of the the last Harry Potter book. But all these tales are just wonderful. They are written in the good humour. Entertaining. Witty. Smart. And all of the stories are teaching us a lesson. 

Not only that, but we have a wonderful insight of one of the most amazing wizards of all - Professor Albus Dumbledore who kindly provided his notes and thoughts to these beautifully written tales. 

J. K. Rowling not only written these stories, but also drew some gorgeous illustrations to accompany the words. 


The whole book is wonderful companion to all the Harry Potter Books which I believe should be part of everyone's library. These books are such a major part in everyone's life. I have grown on them myself and I will always cherish the beautiful world of wizards and witches, Hogwarts, magic .. which Rowling created. 

The only fault I could say is that I was a little bit disappointed that there is only FIVE stories in this collection. I would be much more happier if there would be more than that. 


But all in all, I have found this small book charming and easy to read. A light entertainment for children, teens and everyone who is a fan of Harry Potter, which is the whole world I hope :)

Also, £1.61 from the sale of every book is donated to LUMOS charity, which I think is a wonderful idea. 





No comments:

Post a Comment