Tuesday 21 January 2014

#SongOfTheDay: January 20th and 21st 2014

Hello there Readers. I'm Dave and it's nice to meet you all. This is my first post on here since Zuz gave me the ability to post on here. I was asked to do the song of the day posts this week and have been putting some thought into this but unfortunately dropped the ball on this one by missing the first couple of days already so sorry to everyone for that. But here we go.

SongOfTheDay January 20th 2014

To start this week off I wanted to go ahead with my favorite song from one of my favorite bands of all time. Being a child of the 80's and 90's I grew up listening to the music of Queen and have always loved their work. Now when it comes to Queen most people are fans of their more popular works and although I do love songs like Bohemian Rhapsody there has always been a special place in my heart for Breakthru. And who couldn't love this wonderfully catchy tune especially with it's brilliant quirky video. I also believe that Breakthru is a great song for a Monday the upbeat tune and lyrics put you in a great mood for dealing with most situations even a Monday and gives me the strength to make it through the first day of the week



SongOfTheDay January 21st 2014

For Tuesdays song I went for something a little more mellow and relaxing to help one glide through the midweek blues that comes with Tuesdays. The Red Hot Chili Peppers' classic tune Under the Bridge is an amazing song that always helps me drift through any moment in my life. This song always takes me back to my youth where I used to listen to tunes like this in my bedroom. So I chose this song because the tune always makes me smile. 



Well thanks for listening. I'm not one of those to write large speeches so I will bring this to a rapid close and quick goodbye. Take care folks and I look forward to seeing you all again tomorrow for Wednesday's song.

No comments:

Post a Comment