Thursday 23 January 2014

#SongOfTheDay: January 23rd 2014

#SongOfTheDay: January 23rd 2014

Hello readers. It's Thursday which is great news because that means tomorrow is Friday so bring on the weekend. Had a lot of fun thinking about what I was going to post for today's song of the day. All kinds of tunes were running through my head for this one ranging all the way from Disney hits to 80's rap. But for today I settled on something a little more on the relaxing side. For Thursday I selected M83's Midnight City. Not only is this an absolutely awesome tune but this one also has a really interesting and very well directed video. First heard this catchy tune on the soundtrack to the movie Warm Bodies which is a great film and this song was very well placed. I didn't hear it again until I was on holiday with a friend in Madrid and he played it to me on to introduce me to a new band he liked which turned out to be M83. Finally knowing who wrote the tune I'd heard months earlier I got hold of a copy of their album Hurry Up, We're Dreaming and discovered they were really good. So have a listen and see what you think.


No comments:

Post a Comment